EVENTS & TRAINING
Hold the Fort 5K &10K
Saturday, September 19, 2020
The Annual Hold the Fort Races are a simultaneously held timed 5k and 10k that will be taking place at Oak Mountain State Park in Alabama Sept 19, 2020, from 8 am to 2pm. Presented by Mill’s Pharmacy.
* Complimentary event t-shirt (design to come!)
* Prizes for 14 categories
* A chance to win prizes for every runner
* Complimentary access to Oak Mountain State Park
The Hold the Fort Races are a fundraising effort of Blanket Fort Hope, an advocate for child victims of human trafficking. Funds raised will go towards our three goals.
1) Dedicated housing for child victims of human trafficking
2) Educate and train our communities to recognize the signs of human trafficking and how to respond.
3) Advocate for better legislation at the state and local level.
If you are interested in sponsoring please email email@example.com.
Mills Pharmacy – https://millspharmacies.com/
The Event Website
Click here to visit.
Sign-up to Volunteer
Click here to visit.
Covid-19 Safety protocols
• Packet Pickup will have social distance protocols posted for runners as they arrive for packet pickup.
• All volunteers will wear a mask and gloves.
• Packets will be quarantined for 7 days before pickup to eliminate any possibility of Covid-19 transmission.
• No pre-race refreshments will be provided, and post-race refreshments will be grab and go only.
• Runners will be required to wear masks until crossing the start line and will be required to wear a mask after crossing the finish line.
• Disposable masks will be available if the runner does not bring a personal mask.
• Staggered starts based on pace time will be leveraged with social distancing markers at the start line.
• Self-Serve Water stations will be located on course with 8oz bottles of water.
• All volunteers will be required to wear masks and gloves for the duration of the event.
• Volunteers will frequently be cleaning and sanitizing high tough point areas at the venue.
• Hand sanitizers will be available for runners and volunteers.
• Runners will be instructed via PA Announcements during the start of the race to avoid running in groups and maintain 6ft between runners when passing.
• No post-race awards ceremony this year, but overall and age group results will be posted by noon on Runsignup.com. Awards will be mailed to the winner’s address listed on Runsignup.
Please sign up for our e-newsletter for the latest BFH news and events.