Our Restoration Process
We are responding to the urgent need of child survivors of human trafficking in Alabama.
For these survivors, the current group home model is not enough. In fact, every time a child is rescued from a trafficking situation and put into a non-therapeutic home, there is an 87% (Brad Jordan, Detective Sergeant- Pelham Police Department) chance that child will runaway, inevitably returning to their trafficker for “safety”.
A home model that focuses on restoration can help a child find hope. And once they find hope, they’ll realize they can have a life apart from their trafficker. One that is safe. One that has a future.
Since 2015, we have succeeded at equipping our communities to compassionately respond to this crisis, while maintaining a loving Christian witness.
All in the name of Restoring Survivors.
Our next goal is to give children an environment that
focuses on caring for their trauma.
Our 9-Child Restoration Home will be this environment.
Building a 9-child
Cost: $1,500,000 (Projected)
Facility Size: 10,000 Sq. Ft.
Location: Columbiana, AL
Initial Capacity: 9 Survivors
Our restoration home will serve up to 9 female survivors at a time. We will be able to care for more survivors as we eventually add more cottages & caregivers.
- WE ARE CURRENTLY WORKING ON OUR PLAN FOR PROGRAMMING AND LONG-TERM CARE. HERE ARE JUST A FEW THINGS WE HAVE PLANNED FOR THE FUTURE:
- Applying for licensing through DHR is in process
- Psychological Trauma Assessment
- Mental Health Planning
- Trauma-focused Therapy
- Local Partnerships that can offer therapies such as art, music, K9, and equine therapy
- We will partner with organizations that can provide acute medical care for physical trauma, STI’s, and pregnancy, psychiatric evaluation and support, and substance abuse treatment
- Access to K-12, GED, and Collegiate Resources
- On-site tutors
- Life skill trainings
- Post-Restoration Transitions including: Family Restoration, Foster Care, and Transitional Living